Monday, March 2, 2009

Two Blogging Milestones

Just a short note to say that my last deposit into the No Tricks blog was post number 50 since September 2007. I had a slow start but picked up in the second half of 2008. The sites statistics from Google Analytics for April 1st 2008 till now are given below. For the binary inclined, the number of pageviews is just a bit bigger than 2^13 .

image

I have also just passed 5,000 visitors, which is encouraging given that I was celebrating my first 3,000 visitors in early December 2008. This is small fry stats as compared to A-list blogs, however there is a pleasing improvement nonetheless. The average number of visits per day now is in the 20 - 30 range for 2009, up from 10 - 20 for Q4 2008 and 10 or less before that.

Here is a cartoon my wife recently sent me, which may account for some of my behaviour of late or even most of last year. You can read more about my reflections on blogging in a cathartic post I made late last year.

image

(image credit).

2 comments:

Michael Janke said...

I subscribe to blogs like yours because they have 'a few good posts'. They tend to be ones that I bookmark and do an in-depth read at a later date rather that just a 3 second 'scroll by' in a reader.

Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I think you are my biggest fan. I will look you up if I am ever over your way

regards Luke